- Need a place to sit and chill?
- Maybe power up your tech between sessions?
- Or, maybe a place to connect with new colleagues outside of a session?
Drop by the Networking Uncommons, located in the convention center, and make the connections you need. You'll have plenty of space for several different discussions, lunch groups or creative relaxation within the Networking Uncommons. The space is open during most of the conference and will have several different networking opportunities rotating throughout the conference!
Hours will be available soon.
You can sign up for a time slot if you'd like to plan ahead - otherwise, just show up. During open hours, the area is up for grabs. And the space is large enough that multiple groups can use it at once, even if someone else has something scheduled. Or just look at the topics each day to see what interests you.
The sign-up schedule will be available soon.
We ask that you do not book more than one hour per day so that everyone has a chance to use the space.
How Attendees Can Use This Space
- Have a seat on your own for a few minutes to power down.
- charge up your tech.
- continue your group’s discussion after your official meeting.
- offer a short, impromptu talk about a topic (promote it on Twitter, etc., and show up).
- summarize your meeting and use our webcam to stream it live or record it for posting - it’s totally up to you.
- have a hot topic everyone’s buzzing about at Midwinter but there’s no formal meeting to discuss it? You’ve found your space – just pick a time and tell everyone.
- and whatever else you can think of!
Vendors can hold activities or small meetings in their booth space on the exhibit floor, in the Customer Connect Lounge near the Exhibits Office, or contact ALA Conference Services to request space.
Selling, marketing, and distributing commercial or non-ALA marketing materials are not allowed in the Uncommons.